Best Practices & Credentials
The title insurance industry – through The American Land Title Association (ALTA) – follows "Best Practices," to better protect you, our customer. Cotton Duck Title Company is a proud member of both The American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the Maryland Land Title Association (MLTA). We strongly endorse the Best Practices guidelines because they reaffirm how we've been doing business for over twenty years.
By formally implementing ALTA's Best Practices, our staff at Cotton Duck Title Company will continue to:
- Professionally handle your refinance or purchase.
- Protect your funds in secure escrow accounts.
- Protect your privacy with encryption, shredding, and clean-desk policies.
- Protect the entire transaction by maintaining insurance and bonds.
- Assure you and your lender by properly recording documents and issuing Title Insurance Policies.
- Assure you that we will comply with all federal and state consumer financial protection laws.
Your satisfaction is paramount. We value your confidence in us. If there is a problem, it will be documented, tracked, and resolved. If you have any questions about this information, please call us and ask for Bart Stocksdale.
We are licensed, bonded, and proud members of the following organizations: